Content Marketing Intern
As a national full-service consulting firm serving the social sector since 1979, The Alford Group has empowered more than 3,000 mission-based organizations and companies to grow, improve, fulfill their missions and change our world. We offer customized solutions in fundraising and resource development, organizational strategy, assessment, governance, corporate partnership strategy, and more. We enable organizations to reimagine what it means to make a difference. We help them aim higher, reach further and dream bigger.
The Alford Group is seeking a full-time summer intern to work in our Chicago office to build out and assist in implementing a content marketing strategy for the firm’s website, digital and print marketing materials, and social media platforms. This intern will experience and learn about multiple facets of marketing and business development, as well as business operations and consulting work with a variety of social sector client organizations.
The intern will work closely with the firm’s Business Development Manager to build out a strategy to expand The Alford Group’s website content. Using search engine optimization (SEO) tools and Google Analytics, the intern will develop data-driven recommendations for content creation and take the lead on developing new, fresh content. The intern will then work to integrate this new content into our digital and print marketing materials, as well as social media content. Activities include:
- Use digital analytics to assess and determine a data-driven approach and strategy to content creation. This includes identifying key words, optimizing content for SEO, and assessing web traffic and social media metrics.
- Work closely with the firm’s consultants to refresh website content with a particular focus on packaging and communicating our client services. Draft, revise and post new content to the website. This may include designing/creating imagery and infographics.
- Integrate the new content into our marketing materials. Design and create marketing materials for expanded services.
- Integrate the new content into our social media presence. Based on social media metrics and insights, build out a content strategy for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. Assist in implementing the strategy and developing content, including video.
The intern will participate in relevant staff meetings and conference calls. The intern will also assist with client projects in a supportive role on an as-needed basis. This may include conducting online research, formatting client deliverables such as presentations or reports, and/or other similar activities.
Reports to: Business Development Manager
- Full –Time
- Hourly pay based on experience
- June 2018 start date
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and project management skills. He/she will have a basic understanding of SEO and content marketing analytics. The ideal candidate will have experience in graphic design; experience with shooting and editing video is a plus, but not required. Ideal candidates with have or will be working towards a degree in Marketing or Communications; graduate level coursework preferred, but not required. Experience with not-for-profits or social sector organizations preferred, but not required.
Candidates should be curious, detail-oriented and able to work productively in teams and autonomously.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and take ownership of and initiative for projects asked of him/her
- A strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assertiveness in determining next steps and identifying areas of need
The Alford Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deadline to apply: March 30, 2018