AFP 2017 International Fundraising Conference
San Francisco | April 30 – May 2, 2017
The Alford Group will be at the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) 2017 International Fundraising Conference in San Francisco, CA. We are proud sponsors again this year of the AFP Diversity Workshop and Diversity Art Showcase. Please stop by Booth #630 and visit our staff!
- Karen Rotko-Wynn, CFRE, Executive Vice President, West Division
- Sharon Tiknis, Executive Vice President, East Division
- Laura Edman, CFRE, Vice President
- Wendy Hatch, CFRE, Vice President
- JoAnn Yoshimoto, CFRE, Senior Consultant
- Amy Stone, MA, MBA, Consultant
- LuCinda Hohmann, Business Development Manager
To schedule a meeting with an Alford staff member, please email LuCinda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sessions and Giveaways:
We are hosting two mini sessions (5 minutes) at our booth (Booth #630):
- Strategic Planning: Best Practices and Best Results with Sharon Tiknis, Executive Vice President and East Division Manager
(Sunday, 1:50 pm)
- Shifting Political Tides: Full Steam Ahead! with Laura Edman, CFRE, Vice President and JoAnn Yoshimoto, CFRE, Senior Consultant
(Monday, 12:00 pm)
Additionally, we are hosting a drawing for FREE Starbucks gift cards and will be giving away mobile phone power chargers. Stop by our booth and see us!
Giving 3.0: Embracing the New Diversity in 21st Century Philanthropy
Speaker: Jackie Copeland-Carson, Ph.D. Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County, San Jose, California. Room 3014.
Changing demographics and a global economy demand that contemporary fundraisers understand how to be successful in increasingly multicultural communities. Over the past 30 years, the philanthropy field finally has recognized that all communities have some form of philanthropy. However, inclusion of donors of color still remains the elusive last frontier of American fundraising. Furthermore, there are new social identities that challenge conventional notions of diversity defined in broad ethnic or racial terms
Sponsored by The Alford Group and the AFP Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Read about Jackie Copeland-Carson’s take on how much progress the sector has made in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
Diversity Art Showcase:
This year’s Diversity Art Showcase will be presented throughout the AFP Hub located in the Marketplace Exhibit Hall. We will be posting artwork and competition results throughout the conference. Follow the conversation on Twitter!
Sponsored by The Alford Group