AFP 2017 International Fundraising Conference
San Francisco | April 30 – May 2, 2017
The Alford Group was at the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) 2017 International Fundraising Conference in San Francisco, CA. We were proud sponsors again this year of the AFP Diversity Workshop and Diversity Art Showcase. The following staff members were on-site – feel free to follow up with them!
- Karen Rotko-Wynn, CFRE, Executive Vice President, West Division
- Sharon Tiknis, Executive Vice President, East Division
- Laura Edman, CFRE, Vice President
- Wendy Hatch, CFRE, Vice President
- JoAnn Yoshimoto, CFRE, Senior Consultant
- Amy Stone, MA, MBA, Consultant
- LuCinda Hohmann, Business Development Manager
To schedule a phone meeting with an Alford staff member, please email LuCinda at email@example.com
Diversity = POWER
At our booth this year, we collected thoughts and ideas on how to diversify your board, donors, and fundraising methods.
Download the results here:
Sessions and Giveaways:
We hosted two mini sessions at our booth:
- Strategic Planning: Best Practices and Best Results with Sharon Tiknis, Executive Vice President and East Division Manager
(Sunday, 1:50 pm)
- Shifting Political Tides: Full Steam Ahead! with Laura Edman, CFRE, Vice President and JoAnn Yoshimoto, CFRE, Senior Consultant
(Monday, 12:00 pm)
Giving 3.0: Embracing the New Diversity in 21st Century Philanthropy
Speaker: Jackie Copeland-Carson, Ph.D. Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County, San Jose, California.
Changing demographics and a global economy demand that contemporary fundraisers understand how to be successful in increasingly multicultural communities. Over the past 30 years, the philanthropy field finally has recognized that all communities have some form of philanthropy. However, inclusion of donors of color still remains the elusive last frontier of American fundraising. Furthermore, there are new social identities that challenge conventional notions of diversity defined in broad ethnic or racial terms
Sponsored by The Alford Group and the AFP Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Read about Jackie Copeland-Carson’s take on how much progress the sector has made in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
Diversity Art Showcase:
This year’s Diversity Art Showcase was presented throughout the AFP Hub located in the Marketplace Exhibit Hall. See the winning artwork here.
Sponsored by The Alford Group