Content Marketing Intern Winter/Spring 2019
As a national full-service consulting firm serving the social sector since 1979, The Alford Group has empowered more than 3,000 mission-based organizations and companies to grow, improve, and fulfill their missions and change our world. We offer customized solutions in fundraising and resource development, organizational strategy, assessment, governance, corporate partnership strategy, and more. We enable organizations to reimagine what it means to make a difference. We help them aim higher, reach further and dream bigger.
The Alford Group is seeking a content marketing intern to work in our Chicago office to build out and assist in implementing a content marketing strategy for the firm’s website, digital and print marketing materials, and social media platforms. This intern will experience and learn about multiple facets of marketing and business development, as well as business operations and consulting work with a variety of social sector client organizations.
The intern will work closely with the firm’s Business Development & Marketing Director to build out a strategy to expand The Alford Group’s content marketing. Using search engine optimization (SEO) tools and Google Analytics, the intern will develop data-driven recommendations for content creation and take the lead on developing new, fresh content. The intern will then work to integrate this new content into our digital and print marketing materials, as well as social media content. Activities include:
- Use digital analytics to assess and determine a data-driven approach and strategy to content creation. This includes identifying key words, optimizing content for SEO, and assessing web traffic and social media metrics.
- Assist in refreshing and maintaining our firm-wide branding. Design official firm materials, such as envelopes, folders, and business cards.
- Assist in managing the new branding for our 40th anniversary. Design anniversary-specific infographics, web content and print materials.
- Lead a video content project to shoot, edit and finalize video testimonials from clients and external collaborators. Post to our website and through social media channels.
- Work closely with the firm’s consultants to refresh website content with a particular focus on packaging and communicating our client services. Draft, revise and post new content to the website. This includes designing/creating imagery and infographics.
- Integrate the new content into our social media presence. Based on social media metrics and insights, build out a content strategy for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Reports to: Business Development & Marketing Director
- Full-Time (40 hours/week) or Part-Time (20 hours/week)
- Hourly pay based on experience
- Immediate start date
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and project management skills; experience in graphic design with proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud; and experience with shooting and editing video. He/she will have a basic understanding of SEO and content marketing analytics; experience with WordPress is a plus. Ideal candidates with have or will be working towards a degree in Marketing, Graphic Design or Communications; graduate level coursework preferred, but not required. Experience with nonprofits or social sector organizations preferred, but not required.
Candidates should be curious, detail-oriented and able to work productively in teams and autonomously.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and take ownership of and initiative for projects asked of him/her
- A strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assertiveness in determining next steps and identifying areas of need
Deadline: Open until the position is fillled
The Alford Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.