“Supporting an organization’s mission, impact and collective potential motivates my work to build connections and inspire success across the sector.”
For over fifteen years Alexis Cooke has worked for nonprofits, motivated and inspired by each organization’s unique mission and impact. Prior to joining The Alford Group, Alexis served as Vice President of Institutional Advancement for the Music Institute of Chicago. Responsible for a broad range of fundraising, marketing and strategic initiatives, Alexis supported trustees and overarching institutional priorities; worked to promote programs, mission-forward projects and special events; rebuilt all development operations and managed individual, corporate, foundation and annual giving portfolios.
Prior to the Music institute, Alexis was the Director of Development for the Adler Planetarium, served as Senior Officer, Major Gifts at The Chicago Council on Global Affairs and worked for development and membership offices at the Chicago Botanic Garden and Tate Museums in London.
Fun Fact: Alexis loves her family, traveling, reading, nature walks, hosting parties, organizing closets, the month of October and the color yellow.
- Chicago Foundation for Women
- Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Children First Fund (Chicago Public Schools)
- City Colleges of Chicago Foundation
- The Lake County Community Foundation
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and North and Northwest Indiana
- Million Dollar Round Table Foundation
Education & Credentials:
- Master’s degree, London Consortium
- Bachelor’s degree, Beloit College