“When nonprofits harness the power of storytelling, it opens up new possibilities for how they see their work and share it with the world.”
Michelle Hunter brings 14 years of experience in philanthropy and the nonprofit sector with expertise in writing and strategic planning. Prior to working with The Alford Group, she spent nearly a decade at The Chicago Community Trust (the community foundation for the Chicago region), where she drove organization-wide strategic planning efforts, working closely with the board of directors and senior leadership team to develop, communicate, implement and monitor multi-year strategies and annual plans.
An experienced facilitator, Michelle enjoys working with teams to identify their shared commitments, broaden their vision for what is possible and align on realistic, actionable plans for accomplishing their goals. She draws on her background in writing and communications to help clients leverage the power of storytelling to articulate and amplify their work.
Fun Fact: Michelle loves baking and is always inventing new reasons to make a cake.
- The ARK
- Carole Robertson Center for Learning
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- Interfaith Community for Detained Immigrants
- Million Dollar Roundtable Foundation
- YWCA Evanston/North Shore
Education & Credentials:
- M.A. Writing and Publishing, DePaul University
- B.A. English and International Studies, Loyola University Chicago