March 6, 2018
Not the Culture of Philanthropy you need? You can change it!
Presenter: Mary Kaufman-Cranney, CFRE, Vice President, The Alford Group
A culture of philanthropy is essential in any organization to most effectively raise funds but what does that mean and more challenging is, how do you intentionally create such a culture? Mary Kaufman-Cranney, CFRE, will share her journey in taking an organization through a process to create a common language and implement a curriculum to create a measurable difference. She will engage the audience to measure their own organization’s culture and discuss key components and the ideas to make them real so that everyone in your organization appreciates donors as partners who share our goals and participate in achieving them. Participants will leave with a tool to measure philanthropic culture and ideas on how to effect change.
- Understanding the why and what of the philanthropic culture
- Measurable assessment of the philanthropic culture and how you can impact it.
- Clear expectations of the roles of the board, CEO and CDO in a functioning philanthropic culture.
- Knowledge of the difference between fundraising as a function and a culture of philanthropy
- A measurement tool to use in your organization
- Practical tips on how to impact your organization’s culture
Meet & Greet: 7:30am – 8:00am
Luncheon/Presentations: 8:00am – 9:30am
Cost: AFP members $30 and non-members $45