As a full-service consulting firm specializing in the social sector, The Alford Group provides nonprofit organizations with solutions to complex problems related to strategy, fundraising, corporate partnerships, giving, impact measurement and organizational development. The Alford Group seeks a part-time Business Development Assistant to provide writing and organizational support in the sales process.
Part-Time Hours: 20 hours/week
Compensation: Hourly pay based on experience
Timeframe: September 2019 – March 2020 with the opportunity for advancement and full time employment
Reports to: East Division Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project/sales leads to design, plan and coordinate responses to sales inquiries
- Write business proposals for potential clients using existing templates and drafting new language
- Manage the editing process of business proposals among the project team
- Finalize all business proposals and ensure submission by the stated deadline
- Ensure each submission and its details are captured in internal records and in the firm’s CRM database system
- Proactively track and communicate progress against deadlines
- Participate in bi-weekly sales meetings
- Other sales and marketing activities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Administration, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or another related field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, preferably with a nonprofit development or marketing department.
- Excellent writing and project management skills
- Experience with nonprofits or social sector organizations preferred, but not required
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and two relevant writing samples (e.g. report, business proposal, grant, project analysis, etc.) on our website here.