Full time position | Chicago, IL Region | Currently virtual environment
This position serves a dual role for the firm. As an integral member of our consulting teams, the Client Service Associate (CSA) provides process- and content-related support in the consistent delivery of high-quality, customized solutions to The Alford Group’s clients. In addition, this position will support the firm’s business development and sales by writing and managing proposal submissions to attract and secure new business.
Client Services Team Function/Expectations
- Serve as project manager or contributor to client engagements, as assigned, working closely and proactively with Vice Presidents, Senior Consultants, Consultants, Senior Client Service Associates, Business Development and Shared Services staff to anticipate and/or complete tasks critical to the delivery of high-quality service and products
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information regarding progress on each project to which he/she is assigned, and proactively initiate action to advance progress
- Produce client materials, reports, agendas and presentations for internal and client forward meetings and presentations – word processing, document editing, photocopying, collating, and binding of materials
- Manage internal team functions such as work planning and scheduling
Analysis, Writing and Presentation
- Facilitate professional and expedient communication among and between The Alford Group’s service team and clients supporting coordination, scheduling and other logistics
- Serve as a writer and proofreader of materials, including but not limited to grant writing, drafted presentations, work plans, case statements, reports and other work product
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of client materials as required by client contracted services, including but not limited to survey and interview data analysis and tabulation
- Conduct research related to benchmarking organizations, trends and best practices
- Conduct prospect research related to individuals, foundations and corporations
- Participate in and represent the firm in various client and team meetings as appropriate
- Participate in and represent the firm as a presenter or author of content marketing, if appropriate
Business Development Team Function/Expectations
Business Proposal Writing and Management
- Working closely with the Business Development and Marketing Director, plan, design and coordinate responses to sales inquiries
- Write, format and proof-read business proposals for potential clients using existing templates; draft customized content as needed
- Manage the editing process of business proposals and other material among the project team, upholding the firm’s brand standards and style guide
- Finalize proposals and ensure submission by potential clients’ stated deadlines
- Ensure each proposal submission and its details are captured in internal records and in the firm’s CRM database system
- Proactively track and communicate progress against deadlines
- Participate in external meetings with potential clients and internal staff sales meetings
- Maintain databases and files, including client lists and contact information
- Other sales and marketing activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least four years of professional experience, with at least two years in the nonprofit sector, preferably with an emphasis on roles in communications/outreach, fundraising or grant writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High technical proficiency: MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; InDesign, Adobe Suite or similar expertise is helpful
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical, critical thinking and active listening skills
- Proven proofreading abilities
- Ability to take initiative, simultaneously coordinate multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently with minimal supervision at times
- Ability to manage relationships with diverse people, including client staff and high-level volunteers
- Knowledge of or readiness to learn donor management software, such as Raiser’s Edge and other customer relationship management, wealth screening and survey systems
- Some travel may be required and a valid driver’s license is essential. Must be able to travel independently
- Occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends are required due to the nature of our client work
About The Alford Group
The Alford Group is a full-service consulting firm specializing in the not-for-profit sector. We empower organizations to reimagine what it means to make a difference. We help them aim higher, reach further and dream bigger. Our services include fundraising, strategic planning, governance, data analytics, interim staffing, corporate partnership strategy and more.
Our team members have access to sensitive, confidential information and are trusted to maintain these files and documents properly.
The position requires sitting and working on a computer for long periods of time as well as occasional lifting and carrying of presentation materials and supplies. Consultants must be able to interact seamlessly with clients through visual, aural, physical and written communications.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Currently, working in a virtual environment due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Reports to: Client Service Director
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and two relevant writing samples (e.g. update to donors, grant reports, business proposal, etc.) on our website below.