With over 40 years of impacting the nonprofit sector, The Alford Group is a national full-service consulting firm which helps empower organizations to aim higher, reach further and dream bigger.
As an integral member of The Alford Group’s team, the Executive Coordinator and Client Liaison serves as primary support for the executives and consulting team in the Chicago office. Phone and front desk responsibilities place this role in an external-facing position with clients and the public. As such, the Executive Coordinator and Client Liaison is at the “hub” of the office, requiring the ability to interact professionally and congenially with all staff, clients/prospective clients and visitors; to relay information expediently; and to juggle/prioritize multiple requests.
Key responsibilities include:
- Efficient and timely scheduling of internal as well as client meetings
- Manage requests for information from the firm’s website
- Foundation and individual donor research
- Preparation of meeting and marketing materials
- Proofreading of proposals, contracts and correspondence
- Conference and event preparation
- Travel reservations
- Office managerial duties – including ordering of supplies, working with vendors, requests for maintenance or repairs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant office experience, preferably with executive level responsibility
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong telephone skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook; experience with Survey Monkey and CRM is helpful
- Keen eye for detail and highly organized
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to prioritize work requests appropriately
- Highly desirable: previous nonprofit work experience – particularly in Development or Institutional Advancement
This position will have access to sensitive and confidential information and is trusted to maintain files, documents and other shared information properly. Documents may include financial information, donor information and other business-related material (internal and external). Failure to safeguard this information could result in a loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
The position requires sitting and working on a computer for long periods of time as well as occasional lifting and carrying of presentation materials and supplies. The Executive Coordinator must be able to interact seamlessly with staff and clients through visual, aural, physical and written communications.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required.
Commensurate with experience
Full Time – This position requires being onsite