The Alford Group Turns 40!
The Alford Group is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2019. Since the day Jimmie Alford founded the firm in 1979, diversity has been a core value of ours. Forty years later, diversity is at the forefront of positive social change now more than ever. We remain committed to leading the effort to diversify donors and boards, to diversify donor engagement strategies, and to promote inclusivity throughout our sector.
2019 also marks the 20th consecutive year of our role as the Diversity Sponsor of the Diversity Workshop and Diversity Art Showcase with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). Together we will continue to create and deepen impact across our sector. Below you will find more information and ways to celebrate with us throughout the year!
Read our Commitment to Diversity
EVENTS & CELEBRATIONS
We held three celebratory events this year where we presented the latest giving numbers and trends released in the 2019 Giving USA Report and hosted receptions for colleagues and friends. We looked back at The Alford Group’s 40 years of impact – and looked forward to the opportunities ahead. Thank you to everyone who attended!
- Chicago Event: June 20, 2019, 150 N. Riverside Plaza, Downtown Chicago
- Seattle Event: June 25, 2019, Seattle Yacht Club
- Tacoma Event: June 28, 2019, Tacoma, WA
We will have booths at the following conferences this year. Stop by and see us, and pick up some fun 40th Anniversary goodies!
- AFP International Conference | San Antonio, TX | March 31 – April 2
- NAYDO International YMCA | Indianapolis | April 3-5
- AdNet | New Orleans | April 7-10
- AFP Advancement Northwest | Seattle | June 6-7
- AFP Development Day | Chicago | September 27
THE ALFORD GROUP’S CORE VALUES
Our Core Values are:
Read our Vision & Values Statement
THE FUTURE OF PHILANTHROPY
In honor of The Alford Group’s 40th anniversary, we asked a number of our clients, colleagues and friends for their take on the future of philanthropy. Watch this video to find out what they had to say!