With over 40 years of impacting the nonprofit sector, The Alford Group is a national full-service consulting firm which helps empower organizations to aim higher, reach further and dream bigger.
Key to The Alford Group’s success, the Vice President works across service lines and leads consulting teams in the full spectrum of client engagements, from feasibility studies, campaign design and implementation, to development assessments, strategic planning and data analytics. The Vice President is responsible for developing new business, growing client relationships through impactful partnerships and playing a major role in managing and mentoring staff as it relates to client engagements.
The Alford Group provides solutions to complex problems and opportunities related to strategy, philanthropy, impact measurement, and organizational development. The Alford Group seeks talented professionals with nonprofit and fundraising experience, as well as those with transferable consulting, communications, marketing, and/or strategic planning experience, to join our dynamic team.
Client Relationship and Service Management
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with clients, prospective clients and the broader philanthropic, civic and corporate community.
- Work closely with collegial and highly professional consulting teams to fulfill a wide variety of client assignments, serving as the project lead and delivering service through a multi-level team approach and contribute to service innovation
- Work with other professionals in the firm to ensure that The Alford Group’s vision, mission, and values are at the forefront of everything it does.
Sales, Marketing and Business Development
- Serve as a representative of The Alford Group and market the firm’s expertise in all service lines and sectors.
- Maximize relationships, networking and speaking opportunities to identify, generate, and pursue leads for new business/revenue expansion. Each position in the firm has specific revenue and sales goals.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of sales opportunities; create a sales pipeline; take the lead in discovery and proposal conceptualization; assist in developing presentation materials; present to potential clients; and negotiate contract terms.
- Speak and conduct presentations in client, sales, and business development venues.
External Relations and Professional Visibility
- Be a recognized leader and expert in the nonprofit sector and offer the firm expertise in an area of specialty that can be well positioned in the field.
- Participate in professional associations and workshops as a member of the Alford Group team and an expert in the nonprofit sector.
- Achieve success in the for-profit arena while dramatically impacting the nonprofit sector.
- Ten to fifteen years of progressive, relevant, professional work experience(s) in the nonprofit sector or as a consultant to the sector, with at least seven years of management experience.
- Substantive experience working successfully with and supporting boards of directors and other nonprofit volunteer organizations.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter with a strong work ethic; ability to work and think independently, evaluating and taking risks where appropriate; ability to self-motivate and work without close supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new programs/initiatives and expand revenue streams, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Ability to both think strategically and critically as well as synthesize complex information in order to provide client solutions.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to engage productive participation from other project team members as well ability to be flexible and delegate appropriately when working under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Consultative, strategic and successful selling approach; ability to develop and nurture professional relationships, and ability to think entrepreneurially about building a practice within a larger practice.
- Exceptional communications skills: ability to establish rapport with a wide range of people, backgrounds, skill sets, and environments, while maintaining a professional manner.
- Outstanding listening skills: ability to listen carefully and to be able to translate what is heard into productive action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to write cogent and useful reports and translate information into user friendly formats.
- A history of success in achieving or exceeding financial goals within budget.
- An abiding respect for other people; a propensity for acting always in good faith, and a healthy sense of humor. Strong and confident public speaker and facilitator.
- Self-sufficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Project and Client Management software.
- Flexible to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends as required by client and firm engagements.
- Must be able to travel frequently and independently both locally, within the west division states and nationally
- An advanced degree or equivalent, and/or CFRE or equivalent relevant certification.
- Significant experience in raising funds to benefit nonprofit organizations.
- A history of community service, with experience serving on a nonprofit board strongly preferred.